What do three little yellow creatures named Kevin, Stuart, and Bob have in common? Well, one thing is for sure - they work for only the finest villains around!
Minions © 2015 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. is new out on DVD just in time for the holidays and we are really excited to share our perfect Minions party ideas to help you create an unforgettable movie night.
No party is complete without food, and food that looks like a minion is sure to be a big hit at the party. Here's how we created a Minions Fruit Tray.
Minions Fruit Tray
-Fruit. I used pineapple and blueberries
-Market Pantry dry black beans
-Small black, white, and silver circles cut from paper - for the eye
-1 black pipe cleaner
-Large cutting board and up&up aluminum foil, or large flat platter or tray
To make the tray:
1. Wash and cut pineapple into chunks. Wash blueberries.
2. Wrap cutting board tightly in foil
3. Create minion shape. I started with the pineapple at the top, and worked my way down. The black beans for the goggles strap were added next, with the paper eye secured on the cookie sheet with just a simple piece of folded tape. The overalls were probably the trickiest part, but that was mostly because my kids kept trying to eat the blueberries!
4. Add small pipe cleaner pieces for hair, arms, and feet.
5. Enjoy! Just make sure to tell little ones that the beans aren't for eating.
This Minions fruit tray was the perfect recipe to make for our party... it's quick and easy, and unforgettable!
Our party, of course, had to include a showing of Illumination Entertainment's Minions, so we stopped by Target to pick up a copy. Target is a one-stop-shop when it comes to movie nights, so we were able to grab everything needed for our party.
The Minions Metalpak Blu-ray/DVD - Deluxe is a Target exclusive and contains 40 minutes of exclusive content! More minions? Um, yes! Target also has a wide range of toys, books, apparel, and more so that you can take the movie-watching experience up a notch or two.
The Target Bonus Content includes a Minions Party Planner - giving fans the inspiration to create Minions themed decorations, party food, games, and activities. If you're planning a Minions party of your own, you'll want to snag a copy for sure.
With preschoolers at our party, I wanted to create some easy Minions crafts and games for them to do. We ended up having a Pin the Goggles on the Minion Game, a Minion Paper Bag Puppet, and a Minion Mosaic Craft. All of our basic craft supplies came from Target, since they have a wide variety of craft items in stock!
Pin the Goggles on the Minion
-White Posterboard Sheet
-3 Yellow Felt Squares
-Black Pipe Cleaners
1. Fold felt in half lengthwise, cut rounded tops. You can make the all the same size or vary their width and height as I did. Use craft glue to attach to poster board. Add black cardstock feet.
2. Make goggles out of cardstock. I used two different glasses and my craft glue bottle to trace the three circle sizes on the correct papers, glued them together, and added black cardstock goggles straps on either side. Make one for each guest at your party!
3. Add Velcro to back of goggles. Make sure it's the pointy side so that it will stick on the felt!
4. Glue small pieces of black pipe cleaners to their heads for hair and mouths.
5. Blindfold party guests (or just have them close their eyes) and line up to take turns putting goggles on the minions!
We had so much fun - the kids wanted to play this game over and over again.
Minion Paper Bag Puppet
-Construction Paper of various Minions colors
-Large Googly Eye
1. Cut sheet of yellow paper the width and length of the paper bag (it can be slightly shorter). Set it on top of the bag and mark where the flap will be. Cut, then glue the two pieces to the bag.
2. Cut out the blue overalls. I made a square, then cut out the edges to form the correct shape.
3. Make an eye out of cardstock. I traced two different glass cups and a glue bottle to get the right sizes.
4. Attach pipe cleaners for feet, arms, and goggles straps. Add the eye you just made on top of that!
5. Wait for the glue to dry before letting kids play with it! Mine tried to use theirs too soon and we had to redo the mouth!
Minion Mosaic Craft
-Blank White Paper
-Tissue Paper in Yellow and Blue. Optional: include black and silver for the other details but you could also color these with markers or just use the printable.
1. Print the minion mosaic with this free printable!
2. Tear tissue paper into small pieces.
3. Let kids glue tissue paper to matching color sections on Minions printable, let dry.
Super easy and super fun!
Whew! We're still having all kinds of fun with our minions over here. Are you ready for your own Minions party? Which project will you make first?