The holidays are just around the corner and I am stocking up on everything I can think of that might make the last-minute rush just a little easier. With kids on my shopping list, I always make sure to grab some batteries to have on hand on Christmas morning... you never know what gifts under the tree might be a disappointment if they can't be played with right away!
When gift-giving, I always make sure to include batteries with any new toy or game! And my go-to battery? Energizer® EcoAdvanced™, of course! I hate just taping a pack of batteries on top of a package, though...so I thought this year I would be a little more creative in my packaging!
I gathered up some supplies (and batteries, of course), and set out to create a cute no-sew battery pouch to use with gifts that require batteries this year. I found the Energizer® EcoAdvanced™ batteries at Target. I chose Energizer® EcoAdvanced™, the world’s first AA battery made with 4% recycled batteries, because I know that they will stand the test of time long after the holidays!
DIY No-Sew Battery Gift Pouch
-Felt (for a small pack of AA or AAA batteries, I cut a 13.5" by 6.5" rectangle)
-Various Buttons & Ribbon
1. Cut Felt. For my pouch, I did a 13.5" by 6.5" rectangle. If your battery pouch is bigger or smaller, adjust to fit.
2. Measure about 5.5" (the height of your battery package) and fold up from one end, gluing each side down.
You can test with the battery pack to make sure the pouch is the right approximate size.
4. Fold down the top and round the corners with scissors to create your pouch. You could add no-sew velcro under the flap for a more secure hold.
5. Use craft glue to decorate with buttons and ribbons. I made a Christmas tree, but the sky's the limit!
6. Allow glue to dry (overnight is probably best) and pop in your batteries. Add to your gift and you're ready to go!
Energizer® is committed to bringing positive energy to the world by creating less waste - and I'm committed to using as many supplies on hand as I can to make Christmas more magical than ever!
How will you #PowerYourHoliday with Energizer® EcoAdvanced™ this season?