I remember making homemade soap in a homeschool activity group when I was a kid. It was so much fun! I have been out of the soap making world for many, many years, but have decided it's time to jump back in. DIY bath and beauty products are easy to make and they're perfect for gifts. Make this Rosemary & Panaway Essential Oil Soap for yourself, then whip up a batch of Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub for a friend. You can do both in one afternoon!
If you're not already using essential oils for wellness in your home, you're missing out! We use Young Living essential oils because of their amazing seed-to-seal promise and have loved seeing the benefits of these oils for the last year.
Rosemary & Panaway Essential Oil Soap
- Melt and Pour Soap (1/4 of the brick)
- Fresh Rosemary, 4 oz.
- 1/4 cup Grapeseed Oil
- 1/4 cup Chia Seed
- 1 cup Oatmeal
- Panaway and Rosemary Young Living Essential Oils
How to make it:
1. Melt soap as directed on the package. You'll know it's melted correctly when it is the same consistency as heavy cream.
2. In a blender, mix the chia seeds, fresh rosemary, and oatmeal until powdered. Add this mixture to melted soap.
3. Add in 15-20 drops of each of the essential oils.
4. Stir and pour into a soap mold.
5. Set aside for about 45 minutes until firm. Once it has hardened, remove from mold, cut into bars, and enjoy! If you're storing multiple bars, use sheets of wax paper between them to minimize sticking.
It's really that easy. This soap smells divine and makes a wonderful gift. Try wrapping it up in a cute paper bag tied up with a ribbon as an end-of-year teacher gift or as part of a Mother's Day basket.
What's your favorite DIY beauty product?