If you're planning a Halloween party and looking for a non-candy treat idea, here's one to keep in mind! It's inexpensive and easy to put together - and best of all, a big hit with the kids. My kids can't have most candy because we are on a special allergen-free diet. Creating cute non-candy treat options with healthy foods is a great way to keep everyone involved in the holiday fun!
Note: the instructions DO include two small pieces of candy. If even that is too much, you could make the eyes out of paper instead and glue them to the outside of the cup!
-Clear Plastic Cups
-Marshmallows (Elyon has a gluten-free option)
-M&M's or Other Small Candy (Little Secrets dark chocolate is a non-dairy option)
1. Wrap a single piece of electrical tape around the rim of the clear plastic cup.
2. Layer a second piece of tape on the cup. Before you add the layer, cut some jagged spots and some fringe to give your "Grapenstein" some awesome crazy hair. Wrap the jagged tape around the cup, just under the first piece of tape.
3. Wash your grapes and fill each cup up halfway.
4. Cut a marshmallow in half, but be careful not to cut all the way through. On the sticky side of the marshmallow, add two small candy eyes.
5. Put the marshmallow eyes into the cup, on top of the grapes. Fill the rest of the cup with green grapes.
6. Cut some small pieces of electrical tape to make the mouth and stitches. Attach to outside of each cup.
There you have it: a mostly healthy, non-candy treat idea that's perfect for any Halloween occasion! Enjoy!