One of the things on my list is to blog the 30 Things My Kids Should Know About Me series. And that, I think, is definitely still achievable. So, without further ado...here's the first post! Since these posts will be "technically" for my kids, you are welcome to read or ignore as you see fit.
20 Random Facts About Myself
1. I've eaten fewer than 10 hamburgers in my entire life. I've also only ever chewed one piece of gum.
2. I prefer to sleep with the covers up to my chin, but a foot sticking out from the blanket.
3. My left wrist was severely sprained in a dramatic onstage moment (And Then There Were None, 2007) and still sometimes causes me pain so significant that I have to wear a brace for days at a time.
4. A little part of me wants to live on a farm, but I think I would balk at the amount of work it would require, so I'm not willing to give it a chance.
5. When I was about 8 years old, I refused to wear pants for an entire year. Dresses are cuter.
6. My dream home would have a library the size of....my current home.
7. I want a cat. Kind of. Until I think about how there would be fur covering all of my furniture and clothing.
8. I never had any intention to be a "crunchy" mom. Cloth diapers? Psshhh, no. Eating healthy, whole foods? Why bother? Once I started having to make decisions for other people's lives (aka, kids), my whole perspective changed quite a bit.
9. Stashed in my parents' basement are dozens and dozens of journals from my childhood and teenage years.
10. Everything I know about blogging, I learned from Xanga. Okay - that's not totally true, but I did learn basic HTML coding and that it's important to post regular, interesting content to keep up a readership. My old Xanga had far more comment action than this blog! But that's maybe because at the age of 16, we all had nothing to do but write on each other's blogs....before Facebook, you know.
11. I'm a photo junkie / scrapbooking enthusiast with not enough time to keep up. It bothers me a lot that all of our memories are just sitting on a hard drive and not on display in our home.
12. When I was expecting Lincoln, there was one week I ate nothing but ice cream sandwiches. True story. Thank you, constant pregnancy sickness.
13. My cars have all had names, except for my (current) van.
14. I passed out on the sidewalk across the street from the Alamo when I was 15. Heat exhaustion.
15. I'm a serious packrat. I know this is not a big surprise to anyone. But perhaps admitting it will help me to overcome the irrational need to keep everything?
16. I think it would be fun to live in NYC. Maybe not forever...but just for a season.
17. I can't deal with scary movies.
18. I will always harbor a slight bitterness that Pinterest did not exist when I was planning my wedding.
19. I don't drink. The only exceptions in my lifetime are when I had a few sips of champagne (accidentally) at a wedding, vodka (on purpose) at another wedding, and one time when I had to order alcohol as part of a mystery shop.
20. I'm too tall to be a Disney princess at Walt Disney World by about an inch and that totally stinks. Even if it's not a career path that I intended to pursue, it is a mournful, lifelong sorrow that I shall always bear.
What's something random about YOU that you want all the internet to know??