Welcome to the Cuckoo for Cloth giveaway hop! Cloth diapers are ridiculously cute, remarkably reusable and can really help you save money. This hop exists so that you can enter to win great prizes and learn about some of the brands that those of us in the cloth diaper world just can't stop talking about! Your hosts, Zephyr Hill Blog and Irresistibly Green - and all the participating bloggers and retailers, wish you the best of luck with these giveaways - plus a successful cloth diapering experience!
After you enter my (super duper amazing) giveaway, make sure you check out the linky below and enter to win the Grand Prize - which is valued at over $175 and includes a ton of cloth diapering products! The full list is below, so keep reading!
Let's talk about cloth diapering.
I first mentioned the subject here on my blog back when Addie was around six months old. I was looking for more ways to save money and had some friends say that cloth was reducing their diaper budget significantly. I had never thought I was cut out for washing poop out of diapers on a daily basis, but with lots of encouragement and some super cute diapers out there to choose from, I finally said....okay. We'll try it.
There's a long story to my cloth journey (that I'll save for another time), but after a lot of trial and error, leaks, and elastic marks on Addie's chubby thighs, we finally found the perfect fit for our family: AppleCheeks Cloth Diapers.
|Oh my goodness! The squishy baby legs!|
When I figured out that AppleCheeks were my one true diaper love, I still had two kids in full-time cloth. I'm not going to kid around and act like it wasn't a ton of laundry - but it was so worth it! Since about October of last year, we have only used AppleCheeks diapers in our house and I can say with absolute certainty I'll never go back to disposables.
Whether you're brand new to the cloth world or just not familiar with AppleCheeks, I want to share some of the reasons that we love them.
5 Reasons I Love AppleCheeks!
1. They Fit. AppleCheeks is a two-size system, which means a couple of different things: there are no ugly rise snaps to contend with, and you are able to get a great fit on your baby always - from newborn to potty training. I haven't actually tested out that newborn part yet, but next time around, you can be sure I'll have a big stash on hand.
Size 1 fits from 7-20lbs and Size 2 fits from 18-40lbs - approximately. When I started using cloth, Addie already fit into Size 2, since she had the biggest baby thighs ever. The double row of snaps lets you get a perfect fit both at baby's waist and legs to ensure there is no leakage.
2. They Have Great Design. These diapers are created with an outer layer of breathable, waterproof polyurethane laminated polyester (PUL), sewn to a super soft microfleece inner layer that touches baby's skin. Addie was having constant breakouts and rashes from the disposables we used before switching to AppleCheeks, so this was a huge relief to me! The outer PUL is so soft - it is not scratchy or glossy like some other brands we tried. I love the matte finish.
The diapers themselves are a cover, so you can choose how to use them (more on that later), but you have lots of options for absorbancy. Choose from AppleCheeks 2-ply bamboo insert (what we use for daytime), 3-play bamboo insert (what we use for nighttime) or the more economically friendly micro terry insert. There are also bamboo boosters which can be uesd overnight, on long car trips, or for heavy wetters. There's a way to make AppleCheeks work for you!
Plus - they create the amazing "fluffy bum" look without adding an extra size or two to the baby's diaper area. Addie has never needed different sized clothing to compensate for her AppleCheeks-attired bum.
3. They Are Ridiculously Beautiful. In addition to their fabulous design, AppleCheeks owners Amy and Ilana have taken great pains to make these (in my somewhat humble opinion) the most beautiful diapers on the market! There is a vast rainbow to choose from at any time, and colors are always coming and going in limited releases and from special retailers. Keeping up with AppleCheeks is a full time, super fun hobby.
And then there are the RUFFLES. They just deserve their own paragraph. Because they are so, so, so amazingly adorable. Tell me you aren't smiling when you see the photos of these ruffly diapers on my kids. I mean, really.
|Size 1 Stash....for future babies!|
4. They Are Super Easy to Wash. I tried a lot of pocket diaper brands, and the thing that totally grossed me out was having to un-stuff the inserts before washing them. Who wants to reach their hand into a soiled diaper and pull out a stinky insert - over and over and over again? With my AppleCheeks, I just throw the whole lot of dirty diapers in the wash and the inserts agitate right out. No nastiness needed.
|Did I mention they have the cutest swim diapers, too? |
SO much cuter than disposables!
5. They Work. This is the most important part, right? Of course it is! You can use your AppleCheeks in two different ways: as a pocket diaper or an all-in-two. We typically use the pocket method and it's great. The only time I have leaks is if I have forgotten to change Addie or the snaps aren't tight enough. The pocket opening is large enough to allow for the extra absorbent layers in the case of heavy wetters - or nighttime wear.
Both of my kids still sleep in AppleCheeks overnight, and we love them! Cloth diapering makes me feel better about how we use our resources and I'm especially excited to know that we'll be able to use our diapers again for the next baby! The savings really add up.
|Addie wants you to know that Size 1 diapers are excellent for toys to wear.|
AppleCheeks offers a full lineup of products for your cloth diapering needs, and once you understand how cloth works, this system just makes sense.
|Wearing "Love Happens" at her last pediatrician appointment.|
There's also a fantastic online community of moms who love AppleCheeks just as much as I do. There are several groups I frequent to chat about the AppleCheeks love with those mamas. If you follow me on Instagram, this will come as no great surprise - but sometimes, while participating in these online communities, I am prompted to do some very interesting things with my diapers.
Like send them on an expedition into my deep freezer.
|My diapers are quite brave.|
Oh, and wear them. Sometimes I do that, too.
|Fashionista? Free spirit? You choose.|
AppleCheeks, you rock. If you're a cloth diapering mama (or even just considering the idea), please give my favorite brand a try! I'm sure you'll fall in love with them, too. Follow along with AppleCheeks on social media - they have awesome interaction on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram - plus their reveal videos on YouTube are beyond hilarious.
Have you tried AppleCheeks on your baby? What did you think?!
One Director Jewels reader will win a micro terry bundle from AppleCheeks! This bundle includes an AppleCheeks cover of winner's choice of color/size (regular line up colors). This giveaway will end on June 17 at 11:59pm CST. This giveaway is open to US and Canadian readers only.
Once you have finished entering my giveaway, hop on over and enter all of the other fantastic giveaways, too! And don't forget to enter to win the Grand Prize - it's valued at over $175 and includes 3 Incredibum Bamboo AI2 diapers, 3 Diaper Safari pocket diapers, Grandma El's rash cream, a Wolbybug wet bag, a set of 3 Planet Wise snack bags, EcoSprout diaper liners, an EcoSprout Coconut Stick, and a pair of (gender-neutral) bumGenius BabyLegs!
Disclosure: I received no compensation for posting this review. Prize will be provided by AppleCheeks and Director Jewels is not responsible for prize fulfillment. All opinions expressed are my own. For more information, you can read my Giveaway Policy and my Disclosure Policy.