Wow, I can't believe it's already time for another installment of our reading corner! This month, I have to admit that books have not been as big a priority. While I was still at the end of pregnancy, I lost motivation to encourage finding new books to read. Trying to do better now that there is room for Lincoln to sit on my lap again! Regardless, we did add a few new favorites. Here are Lincoln's Top 5 Books in November 2012!
1. Toot! Toot! This book is from the $1 section at Target (Andrew purchased it probably a month ago). It is literally the best book in our collection right now. We have memorized it from reading so much - it's only 4 pages long. Andrew has even invented actions to go along with each page and we all have to participate. This is our go-to book during diaper changes, tantrums, etc. And sometimes we'll just randomly quote it to entertain him. The train is at the station.... Allll aboard!
2. My Little Book of Trucks, Trains & Tractors. We were given this book as a hand-me-down from a friend this month, and it has been a big hit. It seems like a lot of the car/truck books out there just feature the same vehicles over and over again. This one has some interesting and different trucks, trains, and tractors to see. I would give examples but as I am writing this, Lincoln has apparently stashed this book somewhere in the house that I can't think to look.
3. The Truck Book. Another book that joined our collection this month - this is a Little Golden Super Shape Book. Normally I don't let Lincoln have books with paper pages because I don't trust him to not rip them yet - but he's done pretty well with this one so far! This book features interesting trucks such as a bakery truck, telephone truck, snowplow, and more.
4. Two Bad Mice. This is a lift-the-flap book from LeapFrog based on the original story by Beatrix Potter. I'm not sure why Lincoln is obsessed with this book, maybe he just wants to be naughty like the two bad mice? Tom Thumb and Hunca Munca don't really cause that much trouble, so I guess it's all right.
5. Noah's Ark. This is in the same collection as All Things Bright and Beautiful and The Good Shepherd (both featured in October). It features pop-up flaps and Lincoln enjoys seeing all the different animals, and the places Noah goes to find them.
I am really excited for December, we are going to (hopefully) start a fun holiday book tradition based on this idea I found on Pinterest. Did you miss last month's reading corner? You can check out all our recent favorites here!