Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Sometimes, family vacations are big and exciting. You might drive for two days to reach your destination, then spend a week and a half at the beach or an amusement park before heading home. Other times, vacations are a short and simple affair. You pick a destination that makes a good day trip, stay in a hotel one night, then come right back home. And then there are still other times where you don't go anywhere out of the ordinary at all, but you still make memories and have the best family fun imaginable - right in your own backyard.
No matter where you're headed this summer - your local zoo or Kalamazoo or somewhere in between - you will definitely want to make sure that your vehicle is in tip-top shape for the trip. Even for running errands around town (which seems to be what I spend a lot of time doing), it's important to keep up with routine maintenance for your car. That means - yes - actually paying attention to that little oil change sticker on the top of your windshield! I admit that I'm not the best at remembering to have maintenance done on my car - but with the convenience of the Walmart Automotive Care Center and Pennzoil, I am trying to overcome my failings!
The Pennzoil brand is one I have come to trust. It's designed for complete protection and allows you to drive 550 extra miles per year (when compared to a car with a dirty engine). Our van has well over 75,000 miles (we'll drive it into the ground), so we always ask for Pennzoil's High Mileage oil. It's designed to reduce leaks and oil consumption. Plus, all Pennzoil oils help clean out sludge that other oils leave behind. Win-win, right?
From now until September 9th, Pennzoil oil changes are even on Rollback at Walmart Automotive Care Centers. High Mileage is $35.88, compared to the regular Walmart price of $39.88 and Platinum Full Synthetic is $45.88, compared to the regular Walmart price of $49.88.
So on this particular occasion, when I noticed it was time for an oil change, we high-tailed it to our local Walmart. We may not have a big trip planned, but we need our van at its best for all of our day to day adventures. As it turned out...we didn't want to hang out in the waiting area for very long, so we got to have a little staycation right at Walmart! Mini family vacation on a random weekday afternoon? Love it.
So in case you, like us, need some fun ways to occupy your time while also being responsible and getting your car's oil changed, here are a few of our ideas! Lincoln and Addie chimed in with their opinions on what is most fun.
1. Take the long route. Make sure everyone has a partner, and go for a nice leisurely stroll about the store. Warning: avoid aisles with glassware, light bulbs, and poison.
2. Rank toy cars in order of coolness. Beg your mom to buy a few. Throw a fit or two if mom refuses. It'll be fun!
3. Check out the clothing selection. Anything with a monster truck is automatically approved.
4. Practice counting on the ruler at the fabric counter. Climbing and/or standing on the counter (while fun) are not recommended. Moms get a little worried about that.
5. Play with every toy on the lowest shelf. Drag a lot of them onto the floor. Push every button you can find. Other shoppers love that!
7. Stop to smell the roses. Or the candles that smell like roses. Because, those are basically the exact same thing!
What's your favorite staycation destination?
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. For more information, you can read my Disclosure Policy.