There are hundreds of articles and dozens of books out there, aimed at first-time moms and telling them "what to expect" about anything you might worry about before becoming a mother.
Then there are the things that happen after you're a mom. Things nobody warned you about - but things you certainly never thought to ask, because you had no idea they existed. When I was about 30 weeks pregnant with Lincoln, I attended a friend's wedding and someone at my table sincerely apologized for making me laugh. When I just gave her a quizzical look in response, she said "oh...you'll understand soon!"
I figured out that she was referencing something that is really not talked about much: Light Bladder Leakage (LBL). You know, when doing something like coughing or sneezing or laughing makes you pee. Yeah, there's an actual name for it! Thankfully, I have pretty much avoided this issue but after Addie was born, my pelvic floor was at its worst and I was in fear that LBL could become an issue. No one wants to think about dealing with an issue like this, least of all me! In fact, here are 6 Things I Would Rather Worry About Than LBL:
1. What's Eating Up My Garden? I planted a large(ish) collection of crops in planters on my deck and in the yard. So far, most of it has been completely annihilated. I can never seem to catch a creature in the act - I may have to disguise myself and hide out there one of these days to find the culprit.
2. Whether or Not My Earring Holes Have Closed. One of my piercings felt infected several months ago. I took out my earring studs to let it heal. AND FORGOT MY EARS WERE PIERCED. Now it's been so long since I've worn earrings, I bet the holes are gone.
3. If Lincoln is Ready for Preschool This Fall. He's three. He knows how to count to thirteen. He knows the sound of S and T and a few other letters, sometimes. He's probably ready. Which means I need to get my homeschooling hat on and get my act together.
4. If Addie is Super Weird Because She Likes Eating Vitamins. What kind of kid doesn't balk when given things that even her mom admits taste nasty?
5. Why Crop Top Fashion is Back. I wandered the clothing section when I was shopping last week and was
6. If My Kids Can Possibly Get Any Cuter. Well, this one doesn't really require much worry. I think they're cuter every single day!
These worries are fairly superficial, but I am happy to be able to focus entirely on them and not something as annoying as accidentally peeing when I laugh at the thought of how ridiculous I would look in a crop top. And the Poise brand offers a variety of options to make it easy to find protection for every woman’s needs.
Poise Microliners are super super thin and surprisingly absorbent because they feature SAM (Super Absorbent Material) to provide discreet LBL protection. They are designed to absorb wetness, neutralize odor and stay three times drier than period liners - so if LBL is an issue, Poise is the light bladder leakage solution! You can even snag a free sample.
Thanks to Poise for these LBL Tips and for sponsoring this conversation! All opinions expressed are my own.